for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Tuesday, June 15, 2010

i heart third drawer down...

When I think of Third Drawer Down I think quirky, unique, stylish & statement. They are a Fitzroy Victoria based design company that creates home wares and pieces for Museum Art Souvenirs. It seems a weird gig to get into, but the pieces they create are art in themselves.



The shop itself doubles as the artists studio and a museum- in fact the only trading museum in Australia. They in their own words describe their wares as 'eccentric and witty taste of products by artists/designers and niche brands include crayon rocks, chocolate pie charts, giant corn cob stools, children’s art supplies, limited edition textiles, bed linens and publications that question the mainstream conditions under which art and culture are bought and sold.'

These are my favourite thing in the store, they are pillow cases by Miranda July. One states 'Here you will dream of people you admire exposing your fraudulence.' & 'Here you will dream of endless kisses.'



They also have some amazing tea towels you could frame as art. Here are a couple of my favourites.

'Can we dance?' by Camilla Engman.



Enriqueta and Fosca Tea Towel



There are some great things for kids. I love these rock crayons.



This ruler would be awesome to measure your kids heights against. I could see this being a cool feature in a kid's rompus room.



For more of their amazingly quirky designs for house, home and friends go to: Third Drawer Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails