for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Berry bliss...

I am thinking since it is winter and time for wine and long cooked stews and nights by the fire it is a great time to get away with the girls on a girls weekend. So I have been on a mission over the last couple of days to find somewhere to book. I actually found this house a couple of years ago but never got to go- so thinking this just might be the time to book!

The house is Merribee in Berry it sleeps 18 and the reason I love it is mainly the immaculate styling of the accommodation and the amazing garden surrounds.




There are two accommodation facilities the main house and the granary.The main house sleeps 18-20 and is very family friendly!



It has lots of nooks and crannies for you to relax and read in. I love their use of white through out with the blue or red striped cushions... very relaxing.



Huge kitchen dining space... Love the high bar stool chairs around the dining room table.



You'll notice it comes very well stocked with local produce...



Great area for outdoor entertaining...



You can see why this might be my style of lazy weekend... YAY claw foot bath!



They also have a fantastic room for the kids to stay and play- how cool are the bunk beds built in the walls? I can imagine kids staying up and whispering and giggling in their own little hidy holes!



For the adults there are plush beds made up with fine cotton sheets designed for you not want to get out of...



You can also sit out under the huge veranda and relax and read. I love cane chairs- so comfy and causally chic (must be the shabby chic girl in me!)



The grounds are so divine- and they often cater for weddings!







You can also play games either tennis on the private court, volleyball, boules, table tennis and short stroll from the beach or river.



The Granary sleeps 2 and is gorgeous! Beautiful stone walls and it feels like your sleeping in a light house! How cool?!










They also sell outside the farm produce- if I was getting married I would completely find out if I could utilise this fantastic cart!



So who is in for a weekend away? :) xox

All images care of Merribee for bookings please visit their website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails