for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

1938 California cottage...

Hi all... sorry for once again posting on a Tuesday, I really hope this doesn't get to a be a habit! Work is once again frantic and unfortunately can't see an end for a month or so yet. I saw an image of this amazing kitchen on Style Files last week and finally had a chance to track down the article in House Beautiful to see more... and feel in love! The cottage is in California and is owned by the designer Krista Ewart's sister. I think the white with the amazing bold colours used throughout is gorgeous and would be great for the Australian light.




Fantastic white wood ceilings and beams... though the colours are bold against all that white it becomes subtle and soothing...



Loving the green and pink tones used throughout. The bold couch against the plain cushions and plain white coffee table makes a statement without going over the top.



A little reading nook... those black and white spotted stools are amazing!



Fantastic old 1960's chairs that have been painted white and reupholstered fit right into the theme with their amazing designed backs. Also love the scalloping on the bookshelves...



The shot that made me want more- who can go past a pink Smeg fridge? This is actually part of the guests suite... can I please stay? :)



This is a shot through the main kitchen. I love the red lights and those bunk beds for the kids with that amazing whale wallpaper...



The bedrooms- amazing yellow lamps and rug!



One of the children's bedroom in turquoise and red. I love that side table!



Amazing outdoor setting- love those old cane chairs and table with the vibrant pink fabric and that surf board really tops it off!



This house gives me amazing house envy! To see the full interview go to House Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails