for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Library Love...

I love books. As you will have already worked out I am an avid reader and just as equally an avid collector of books... I love their covers, they way they slightly bend when read thoroughly... I love going into a bookshop and spending 20-30 mins looking at covers, reading their short teasers and picking a new favourite off the shelf. So that is why I think one of the most important things in a house is the way you display your love of books. From tables, to stairs, to shelves, to ladders... there is an art form in arranging your books...

From a designers pallet of colour...



To an amazing floor to ceiling display!



I love it as a backdrop to your dining space...



The Shabby Chic readers nook...



I love the idea of framing a doorway with books!



Beach chic... the use of the full space is fantastic and books go so well with that deer head!



From the casual...



To the designer... Loving that black egg chair!



How amazing would it be to be able to have the space to surround yourself with books! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails