for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ikea inspired...

Sorry guys I have been so lax- I am right in thick of it at work and literally dropping into bed each night when I get home!

Today is just a quick note as well as I need to get moving on with more work- wo is me at the moment! :)

I did however go to Ikea on the weekend and found some amazing buys. They have just launched their new Catalogue so great time to go in if you haven't in a while and buy for spring!

My new cushion covers! Love it $14! They are 100% Cotton and are a beautiful textured rough weave and fit perfectly over my existing feather cushions.




I have matched in with this cutie. It came with a filling and was only $14.99. Also 100% cotton. I love the contrasting orange back- slowly getting there to having more orange in my life!



My new diner setting. $29.99 got me 6 side plates, 6 large bowls (just right for stews and pasta) and 6 small bowls. Then I bought for $3.49ea 6 dinner plates. So cheap! Love the heavy weight and the rough mat surface texture- you can tell I am tactile person!





Going back for-

This awesome print- orange and black of course! :) $14.99 plus frame at $69.95...



Anyway I hope you have all been well- I am looking forward to sitting down this weekend and having a good old session of blogging, coffee and cup cakes and see what you have all been up to!

Oh I forgot to mention I did have my Christmas in July party on the weekend which was huge success! A friend of mine took pics, so once I get them I will post for you!

Camxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails