for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Inspired to work...

I am currently sitting at my desk in my work office trying to come up with fun innovative concepts for work... and failing. Now I know it is not really the fault of sitting in a bland open plan office with ugly fake orange wooden desks, the bland blue carpet and boring cheap desk chairs but really it would help if I was...

Working in this desk space from Wide Open Spaces. Being a beautiful combination of vintage and restored furniture how could I not love it. SO CHIC! How gorgeous is the peeling door with gilded mirror, it is so beautifully distressed against the clean mirrored furniture, plus check out the shoe collection! Who couldn't get inspired whilst looking at cute shoes?! p.s. New favorite blog for inspirational images, so loving her work!


Working in this cute little corner space with old fashioned letter pigeon holes and great wire basket storage from Country Living...



Though I must admit I probably need somewhere with less area's for me to fill... So this space featured in Decor8 is great and more minimalist with a great use of wallpaper as your shelving backdrop and I love the vintage table they have used!



How sleek is this desk and side table set from We Heart? So chic and mod! The wood grain against the white is gorgeous! This speaks straight to my love of Eame's furniture and that amazing era of design. I think my brother would actually like this too and we rarely agree on design matters!



OK this might be my ultimate space from Decor Pad, great towering storage shelves, a great chair for my visitors and I really like the use of table lamps as spot lighting and I also think every desk space needs fresh flowers!



Now I am off to see if I can get my boss to sign off on a few little changes around the office, all in the name of better productivity mind you! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails