for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I love a great find....

On the weekend I was driving down to see my parents for Mother's day. As you heard on Thursday I was struggling with food choices but had decided we would do a picnic on Saturday as we had to leave about mid-day on Sunday and so I wanted some anti-pasta. And so this lead to me stumbling onto my heaven!

Pino's Dolce Vita Fine Food is a destination food shop. It is set about halfway up President Ave in Kogarah and is well worth the journey down there. My mother had told me about it but nothing prepared me for the most amazing site of cured meat outside of Italy. Above the counter top is row and rows of cured meats and sausages. The counter itself is filled with the most moist and delectable looking meat, homemade sausages and meat balls. They also kindly informed me they make one of the best coffee's in Sydney and have a fantastic range of sourdoughs, oils, Parmesan blocks and marinated anti-pasta vegetables. Pia, the director, also told me that just the day before Neil Perry of Rockpool fame was in and had twitted about his purchases and they were expecting the owner of Manfredi Coffee to come in for his weekly visit to grab a coffee and some of their produce.

I was unsure what to get with so much selection but Pia kindly helped and pick out enough for a picnic for five and everything she gave us was amazing.

Here are some pic's of the shop and I urge any foody to get there and try because once you have you will become a regualar. Enjoy! xox








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails