for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dreaming of a quiet getaway...

So I am a slightly quieter period of work at the moment and was told if I want holidays before the next hump of our really busy time take them in May... as May is quietly flying by and I still have much to do at work, it's probably not going to happen... but I can dream right?

This house is on my wish list and it is a house I have been watching for a while as it is for sale. 'If' I ever win lotto, I was going to have this as my first purchase. It is quietly nestled away on a small island called Dangar Island in the Hawkesbury region of NSW. The house is called Newlands and is just heavenly. I can imagine sitting outside in the summer sipping caprioska's and laughing with friends or in winter sitting by the fire reading.



Newlands feature's original cypress pine floorboards and white walls are used to define the spacious entertaining areas from the private wings. All the bedrooms feature wall to wall sisal carpet and soothing tones on the walls designed for relaxing.





The house consists of three bedrooms, the master includes an en suite with an outdoor shower for summer... I love the wall paper in the master... so striking yet neutral.







They have recently completed a renovation which includes imported custom made light fittings, European integrated kitchen appliances, porcelain sinks and antique brass faucets throughout. The renovation has truly focused on quality and four season comfort in all parts of the home.







And lastly my favorite room of all. They have used french and bifold doors to open all rooms onto the covered decks that surround the house and with outdoor gas heating you are ensured there is a perfect place to relax at all times of the day and year. I love the use of the striped blinds to protect you from the elements and it adds to the coastal feel, plus the use of cane and white furniture to give you the sense you can really relax and spend alot of time here...



All images care of: Hawkesbury River, also the perfect site to plan a weekend get away to the Hawkesbury!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails