for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Monday, April 19, 2010

World of Wallpaper...

For those who don't know me, one of my great loves is Wallpaper. I became obsessed whilst working in London for a fashion & home wares label who design and produce their own. I find it a great way to bring to life a wall with little effort, to create mood in a room or show your personality and unique style. As today I have a huge case of Mondayitis, this is to bring a little joy into my world...

My favorite designer is Florence Broadhurst, who launched her design business in 1959 after a quite worldly and infamous life. She designed mainly in the 60's & 70's and was largely influenced by her travels to Asia. Her design library is now held by a husband and wife team who reproduce and sell under the company 'Signature Prints'.

How beautiful is this bathroom featured by Absolutely Beautiful Things with a gorgeous pink Florence Broadhurst print. So stylish.



Florence's blues...



A great way to add a splash of colour and re-invent an old kitchen cabinet.



This is from a home store in Los Angeles called Weego Home. Stunning! And love the way they have also covered the ottoman (featured front left just popping out of frame) with her fabric.



To look through the full range of Florence Broadhurst amazing wallpaper, fabrics & art go to Signature Prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails