for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Thursday, September 2, 2010

Spring Cocktail...

Since spring has sprung- so to speak- it is time to start bringing out the Cocktails!

I am a big fan of an aperitif... My parents when I was growing up used to always have Pimms by the pool or Caprioskas with nibbles before dinner. I loved this time- it was generally a great refreshing way to wet the appetite after a long day and cool down in the balmy Sydney Summer heat!

We generally went through fazes- so Pimms one summer, Dark 'n Stormy's the next depending how we felt.

This Spring / Summer I am liking the Apple Martini! I love a really well made martini- and have been on the hunt for a great recipe for apple martini's... they need to use proper stewed apples, a really good vodka, a hint of cinnamon and should take a couple of days to prepare! No short cuts! (As you can see I take my drinking seriously :) )


Stew 8 granny smith apples cored and skinned with a cinnamon stick, 750ml cloudy apple juice and a table spoon of sugar. Leave to simmer low and slow till the apples dissolve.

Take off stove and leave to cool.

Strain liquid through a sieve with muslin.

Add 1 ltr bottle of 42 below honey.

Leave in fridge for at least a day is not longer!

To serve:

Chill a martini glass and rim with a mix of sugar and cinnamon.

Strain in liquid.

Slice a piece of granny smith apple and float on top.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails