for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Friday, September 10, 2010

Moped madness....

Ok so over the weekend as we where visiting my parents for Father's Day, my brother had a small accident with the Car and wrote it off! Luckily everyone is well and I had no particular love for my car, so I am not holding any grudge.

However I am now on the painful and traumatic hunt for a new car. My major hitch is budget-(I am really trying to keep it low as I am saving for a house) and I really don't like new cars.

As you all know I am a vintage girl at heart and my first love was a 1953 Morris Minor fully restored and sprayed in 1979 Porsche White (which was an off cream) and had been reupholsted lovingly by my parents in burgundy and cream. I just simply loved that car! Dad and Mum spent a year doing it up for me and it drove like a dream and was so cute!

So now my what car to get and should I just go- I should get what I really want an old car though it is not as reliable but I will love it and willingly spend money on it. Or get a newer but not new model that wont last as long but can be an interim car or another thing I wanted to do for ages is buy a moped- which I could get a brand new one!

So can you see me on a Vespa? I love Vespa's as they still have that classic design and good looks- great marriage between vintage chic and practicality! And the good thing is if I buy it now- I get a free coffee machine! I am thinking maybe white? Or they have a cool orange one! You all know how big an orange fan I have become!



I do need to get my learners- but figure I should be able to do that over one weekend. Am i insane?! Is this just moped madness!?! Help any advice is useful! Camxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails