for the love of vintage, handmade & twee

As a girl I used to spend hours with my mother on the weekends searching through antique auctions and bric a brac stores. As an adult nothing much has changed, only how much I'm allowed to spend! This is my way of sharing my love with people who love good design and pretty little things.



Friday, July 2, 2010

Fridays inpiration....

Ok does anyone else remember Thom Filicia from a the TV show Queer Eye for a Straight Guy? He was the interior designer who helped them turn their drab houses into something resembling livable! Well I thought I would just share with you his small humble house by the lake...



I love his accent of black used through out like the doors, staircase rails and metal- it looks fantastic against the light wood and the whites.



Great mix of modern and country kitchen, and I love the rug! (though he must be a cleaner cook then I am!)







LOVE LOVE LOVE! that table and metal lamp! So gorgeous!



How gorgeous is the cobbled stone fire place- definitely can see myself reading in front of that for hours on end!





This is my favourite shot- look at that view! I love the mexican fire, all I need are some fur throws, a glass of red and friends!



I also love his other design work. Here are some of my favourite shots from his portfolio. How great is this oasis?



I love these chairs and table.



Such a soothing room, fantastic side chairs and also LOVE the glass and mesh wall- though you do have to be clean when you have guests over as they can see everything! But it is a great way of giving semi privacy and increasing deepth perception...



I love this chest of draws amazing! Oh and want a set of those peacocks!



What a great way to create a feature in a small space..



I am all about his chair choice... I love these as well and love the stripped back stone wall firplace.



This last house is my favourite I love the use of deep rich pink in this entry...



I think my best friend needs this sculpture... :)



And again it is the chairs, how great is the pink chair and the great two side tables....



And a very chic nursery...



How amazingly talented is he? He really has brightened my day and inspired me on this cold and glommy friday... oh and can I please have that Lake House?!

Thanks to Wide Open Spaces blog who posted about his lake house and made me investigate his work more!xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails